During the pandemic, it was mandatory to obtain ICA approval for UAE resident for those who wished to enter the country. However, due to the relaxation of the measures by the authorities, this process is not necessary. Nevertheless, it is imperative to know this process in case you need it.
In this article, you will be able to learn about the process and what happens now with travelers who wish to visit the country. Likewise, we will explain what the ICA is and why you needed this approval. Let us see:
- Do you know what are ICA services?
- What is ICA approval?
- How to get ICA approval for UAE resident?
- Learn how to get ICA approval to enter UAE
- ICA entry approval in the different emirates
- Check the status of your ICA UAE approval
- Contact information for ICA services
1. Do you know what are ICA services?
Before knowing how to apply for ICA approval for UAE resident, you must know what this service is all about. In this case, the ICA Smart Services is an initiative of the Federal Identity and Citizenship Authority of the country. These services are not only useful for UAE citizens but also for tourists and residents of the country.
Therefore, you will be able to find essential services such as checking the status of your visa, checking the work visa, or registering your vaccinations. Similarly, residents can make requests, such as replacing their Emirates ID or applying for a golden visa. In the same way, visitors can apply for entry permits and various UAE visas.
Likewise, they can use the ICA approval link for UAE residents to find out if they approved the said application. Therefore, through these services, the authorities allow travelers to easily access these services so as not to worry about them during their trip.
2. What is ICA approval?
The authorities implemented the ICA approval for UAE resident during the Covid-19 pandemic. Thus, it was necessary for foreign citizens or residents coming from abroad to obtain authorization from the Federal Identity and Citizenship Authority (ICA). In Dubai, the government entity in charge of this process is the General Directorate of Residence and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA).
Therefore, citizens wishing to travel within or outside of the UAE needed to obtain ICA travel approval. However, since the pandemic has subsided in the vast majority of countries, the process is not necessary. This is a relief for people who want to enter or travel outside of the UAE.
2.1 What are the benefits of ICA approval for UAE entry?
This initiative by the UAE government was a way to protect citizens during the times of the pandemic. However, due to the decline in cases and recovery of the travel industry, UAE ICA approval is not necessary now. In this way, many people will be able to have easier access to the Emirati territory for ease of the procedures.
Furthermore, residents and tourists received well this new policy, as well as benefiting the local economy. Along the same lines, the authorities continue to seek to improve the electronic services of the ICA for the benefit of users.
3. How to get ICA approval for UAE resident?
As you have already noticed, during COVID-19 the travel processes to or from the UAE were restricted. These restrictions, which included ICA approval for travel, were eased to simplify travel processes. Therefore, you do not need this approval now, as the authorities do not currently require it.
Although previously ICA approval for UAE resident was not required unless they came from certain countries. The countries of origin for which approval was required were Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Sudan. Thus, the procedure to obtain it was as follows:
- The citizen had to access the website uaeentry.ica.gov.ae.
- Once there, you had to enter your passport number and Emirates ID number.
- After submitting it, you would receive UAE entry status verification.
In this way, if it was affirmative, it would receive the ICA approval UAE green signal, otherwise, it would receive a red signal. In this case, the citizen had to reapply for this application until they received approval from the ICA.
3.1 Why is ICA approval UAE not needed now?
As the Covid-19 pandemic continues to wane, countries have made progress in easing restrictive measures. In the UAE, the authorities have also followed this path, allowing the travel processes to and from the country to be easier. This includes lifting the need for ICA approval today.
Hence, according to the ICA approval UAE latest news today, citizens can rest from having to go through that process. Therefore, this is an important step to alleviate the effects that Covid-19 brought to the whole world.
4. Learn how to get ICA approval to enter UAE
At times when this process was necessary and if the authorities reactivate it, the process is very simple. The process of how to get ICA approval consists of the following steps:
- First, enter the ICA approval link
- Then, you will need to enter the Emirates ID number, your name, passport number, and nationality
- Next, you will need to enter your passport details, a contact number, and your address
- In the same way, you must register the details of your trip
- Enter the date of arrival in the UAE
- Next, write the details of your vaccination against Covid-19
- Upload the requested documents, including passport, photo, and RT-PCR test result
- send the information
After completing the indicated steps, you will only have to wait for the ICA approval for UAE resident. As we pointed out before if approved, it will receive the green signal, otherwise, the signal will be red.
4.1 How long is the ICA approval valid?
In case of obtaining the ICA approval EAU, it will be valid for 21 days from the date of issue. Therefore, a person who cannot enter the country for less than 21 days must reapply. For this, you will need an Emirates ID and the documents mentioned above.
5. ICA entry approval in the different emirates
The different Emirates that make up the country established their entry rules for UAE citizens. In this case, we will detail the process for Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and the other emirates:
5.1 ICA Abu Dhabi
As we have reiterated, you currently do not need Abu Dhabi ICA approval to enter the capital of the nation. However, you should register with the ICA Smart Travel Service to take advantage of the facilities it offers. Additionally, you may need to register on the Al Hosn app to record your vaccinations before arriving in the UAE.
This application must be presented upon arrival in the country so that you can access public places. Thus, this system known as a green pass will allow you to be in places such as hotels, restaurants, shopping centers, and supermarkets in Abu Dhabi. Registration is very simple and you can complete it in just a few steps:
- The first thing to do is register in the ICA intelligent services application or enter the official website
- Download the Al Hosn app
- Upon arrival in the capital of the UAE you will receive a UID number or by entering your passport number on the ICA website
- Then, in the Al Hosn app, you must register using the UID
- If everything is ok, you will receive the green status in the app.
In this way, you will be able to stay and enjoy the public places of this emirate without any inconvenience.
5.2 ICA approval in Dubai and the other Emirates
In Dubai, residents also do not need ICA approval for UAE entry as confirmed by the authorities. Hence, citizens from anywhere in the world can enter this emirate without registering with the GDRFA or ICA/ICP. Likewise, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Ajman, Fujairah, and Umm Al Quwain do not need ICA approval.
6. Check the status of your ICA UAE approval
For the times when you need to register for the ICA approval for UAE resident, you will be able to check the status of the ICA approval. As with the registration, this process is simple and is as follows:
- Visit the ICA website, specifically the part to obtain approval
- Next, enter your Emirates ID number, passport number, and your nationality
- Select Check
- You will then be able to see if your application was accepted (green) or rejected (red).
7. Contact information for ICA services
If you still have questions regarding the process or if you must apply for ICA approval for travel, you can contact that authority. The means of contact are the following:
- ICA UAE contact telephone numbers: +971 600522222, +971 23128867, +971 23128865
- Mobile: +971 501066099
- Fax: +971 25543883
- Email: [email protected],
- Web: smartservices.ica.gov.ae
In the UAE the authorities have removed the need to apply for ICA approval for UAE resident. This way, the process of arrival in the country is easier for travelers who are residents of the nation. This is in line with the easing of restrictions from the easing of the Covid-19 pandemic.
If you want to learn more about matters of the UAE region, you can go to our blogs section. Also, if you are looking for a immigration partner, you are in the right place! To get in touch with PEO Middle East and obtain immigration assistance, you can call at +971 43 316 688. Also you can email us at [email protected].
Moreover, if you are traveling to seek jobs, the UAE offers great job opportunities in one of the best economies, which you can find out about at thetalentpoint.com. Thus, you just have to register on the web and contact them at [email protected], to which you can also send your CV.