The Dubai visa cancellation fee is required to cover the costs of the process, which is very simple. The authorities put at your disposal the face-to-face and digital methods to complete the said process. However, the fees vary depending on the visa, although the cost is not very high.
In this article, we will show you the process you must follow to complete the process satisfactorily. Also, you will know how much visa cancellation fee in Dubai and what happens if you do not cancel the visa properly. Let us see:
- Learn about the process to cancel a work visa
- Know how to cancel a family visa
- Do you know how to cancel a tourist visa?
- How to cancel a visa after 6 months?
- Cancel the visa for a person outside the UAE
- Cancellation process in a free zone
- Beware of overstay penalties after cancellation
- What happens if you do not cancel the work visa and leave the country?
- We can keep you informed of the Dubai visa cancellation fee and process
1. Learn about the process to cancel a work visa
People who hold a work visa in the UAE must cancel their visa after the permit ends. This process, which includes paying a Dubai visa cancellation fee, consists of 2 essential steps.
- Cancel your work card
- Cancel your residence visa
In the first case, you must apply to the Ministry of Labor, in addition to another application at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. However, you cannot carry out the process since it depends exclusively on your employer. In addition, your sponsor (employer) will need to submit the following documentation:
- Copy of your current passport
- Original identification card
- Copy of your resident visa page
- Copy of the commercial license of the business
- Electronic signature card of the authorized signatory
- Copy of the employment establishment card
- Copy of immigration establishment card
Thus, you have to go through the resignation process from the company and maintain good conduct. Also, please comply with UAE labor laws so you do not run into difficulties with your employment visa cancellation.
1.1 This is the process of canceling a work visa in the UAE
The process, although not complicated, can take time, depending on the means you use for this purpose. Also, the employment visa cancellation fee in Dubai ranges from AED 100 to AED 200. Hence, just follow the steps below to complete the process properly:
- You may choose to print the application in the following instances:
- TASHEEL CENTER
- American Center
- Typing center
- Smart services of the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residence and Foreign Affairs)
- The sponsor or authorized signer must sign the application
- Submit the required documents
- Carry out the cancellation of the labor card temporarily at the Ministry of Labor
- Submit the cancellation information electronically to the GDRFA to cancel the residence visa
- The sponsor or authorized person must visit the GDRFA
- Then, this instance sends the confirmation of the electronic visa for the final cancellation.
In this way, after paying the residence visa cancellation fee in Dubai and completing these steps, the visa is canceled.
2. Know how to cancel a family visa
The sponsor of a family visa is the one who must cancel this document for their dependents at a typing center or immigration office. This center then completes the cancellation form and submits the request online, to be approved in approximately 1 hour. The family visa cancellation fee in Dubai is between AED 200 and AED 250.
Those people who have chosen to carry out the procedure in a typing center will receive a printed copy of the cancellation. Therefore, you will not receive the cancellation stamp on your passport, as it is not required. However, those who wish to obtain the stamp can apply at the immigration offices.
In the same way, you can take the confirmation copy of the cancellation together with the passport of the applicant to receive the stamp. In addition, the payment of the Dubai visa cancellation fee must include the following documents:
- Original passport of the sponsored and sponsor
- Sponsor Emirates ID
- Complete application (e-Vision form)
3. Do you know how to cancel a tourist visa?
Visitors who obtained a visa and did not travel to the country for various reasons do not need to cancel the said visa. This is because the Department of Immigration Services issues these visas with a validity of 60 days. After this time, the authorities invalidate the tourist visa automatically, so you do not need to pay the Dubai visa cancellation fee.
However, if you need to cancel the old visa in the following situations:
- If after obtaining the visit visa, you consider that the duration does not have the extension that you expected.
- If your sponsor (family or company) applies for a residence entry permit
In these cases, you will need to cover the visa cancellation fee in Dubai between AED 150 and AED 200. Therefore, the visa sponsor can cancel the visa and pay the fee at any time.
4. How to cancel a visa after 6 months?
If for any valid reason, you cannot return to the UAE for six months, the authorities will automatically invalidate your visa. Therefore, you will have to cancel your previous visa, even if it is not valid if you want to return to the country. However, if you do not notify your company, you will have to negotiate with them to obtain an amicable solution.
Also, after the cancellation of the previous visa, an employer or family member can re-apply for the residence visa for you. Thus, you will get an entry permit where you will have to pass a medical examination and get an Emirates ID and a visa. For the tourist visa, you can apply with a visa agent or with a family member.
In addition, after entering with your tourist visa, you will be able to request a change of status to a residence visa. In this case, you will also need to pass the appropriate medical examination, as well as obtain an Emirates ID.
5. Cancel the visa for a person outside the UAE
The process to cancel the visa of a family member outside the UAE is easier if the sponsor is in the country. This is due to the ease that the sponsor will have in submitting the documents and paying the Dubai visa cancellation fee. Thus, you can carry out the process in a typing center, without the need to visit an immigration center in the country.
In this sense, you will only have to present the following documentation:
- Original passport of the sponsor and the applicant
- Sponsor Emirates ID
- Written application form
- Dubai visa cancellation fee of AED 266 (typing charges are extra)
Also, this process does not require a passport stamp but you can get one at an immigration center. There you will only have to present your passport and the cancellation receipt to put the stamp at no cost.
On the other hand, although you can do the process outside of the UAE, it will be more complicated as you can only do it through the sponsor. However, if the reason for the absence is valid, the sponsor can do so without difficulty. However, if I leave some debt in the company or some problem, the process will be much more difficult.
6. Cancellation process in a free zone
In free zones, the visa cancellation process requires the presence of the employer and the employee. This way, the presence of both parties together with the officials ensures respect for all the rules. Furthermore, the authorities can attest that the termination of the contract complies with the pre-established agreement between employer and employee.
In addition, the Dubai visa cancellation fee may differ depending on the free zone where the process is carried out. Also, as in the other emirates, both parties must carry their Emirates ID and original passport.
7. Beware of overstay penalties after cancellation
After completing the cancellation process for any visa, you will have a 28-day grace period to remain in the UAE. In this case, you will need to leave the country or change your visa status before that period. Otherwise, you will receive gradual fines for as long as you remain illegal, even though within the grace period, or you will receive no fine at all.
The fines you will receive after the grace period will be as follows:
- On the first day, you will receive a fine of AED 125
- After that, you will be fined AED 25 every day
- Likewise, after six months the fine increases to AED 50 per day
- After 1 year, the fine increases to AED 100 per day
8. What happens if you do not cancel the work visa and leave the country?
If you stay outside the UAE for more than 6 months, the authorities automatically cancel your work visa. In addition, if you do not enter the country before that period, you will not be able to enter later with that same visa. Thus, if you do not intend to return to the country, you do not need to return to cancel your visa.
However, it is counterproductive to leave the UAE without applying for visa cancellation and notifying your employer. This is because the employer must meet the termination requirements of the laws. In this case, the employer can report an absconding case against you and this can get you a travel ban to the UAE.
If this is the case, you will not be able to apply for any more visas or, even if you do, you may be arrested at the airport. Thus, be sure to follow up on the cancellation and collect the appropriate evidence. This will avoid legal problems, such as reported absconding or a travel or work ban in the UAE.
9. We can keep you informed of the Dubai visa cancellation fee and process
If you were wondering how much visa cancellation fee in Dubai? You should know that this depends on the type of visa, the process, and if it is in a free zone or not. However, in any case, the process is very simple and the documentation required is little. As experts in employment and immigration matters in the UAE, we can provide you with the necessary information.
Therefore, if you need more information about the Dubai visa cancellation fee or the process, do not hesitate and contact us. At PEO Middle East we put at your disposal the number +971 43 316 688, as well as the email [email protected].
On the other hand, if you want to get a job in the UAE, you can see the most interesting offers on thetalentpoint.com. On this website, you will be able to find out which companies offer positions to which you can aspire by sending your CV to [email protected].