Qatar Professional Employment Organization
Qatar Professional Employment Organization- One of the biggest problems investors and entrepreneurs face is accessing skilled workers quickly while complying with the labor laws of Qatar. However, in PEO Middle East we allow you to hire candidates through our PEO innovative solutions without registering a legal entity or starting a branch office.
Qatar Professional Employment Organization Compensation and Benefits
Qatar Professional Employment Organization - In addition, the employees will start working in your team as an in-house worker in a matter of days instead of the usual month this process takes.
Table of contents
- Employment contracts
- Type of employment agreements
- Working hours in Qatar
- Maternity leave
- Health insurance
- Additional Benefits establishing in Qatar
- Benefits of working with us
- Why PEO Middle East is the best PEO service provider in Qatar?
Qatar is a middle eastern country, located in the Qatar Peninsula in the Persian Gulf. In addition, the country borders the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to the south and Saudi Arabia to the southwest. However, almost all the territory of the country is a desert.
The head of government and state is the emir and there is an advisory board set up by the Emir. Similarly, the al-Thani dynasty has adopted an ambitious program of economic and social reforms while reducing the excess of the royal family. Thus, the emir appoints the members of the council, the advisory council, and the prime minister.
In addition, the power of the emir is limited only by Sharia.
However, according to the constitution of the country, Qatar is an absolute monarchy, and the creation of trade unions, demonstrations, and political parties are prohibited.
The labor law of Qatar states that the parties involved in the negotiation must write the employment contract in the Arabic Language. Similarly, both parties can present a translated copy of the employment document.
In addition, foreign workers need a permanent residency visa and a work permit to legally work in Qatar. However, the labor law regulates the conditions and main rules and conditions of employment in Qatar and specifies the company as responsible to obtain all permits and necessary visas for candidates’ employment.
Type of employment agreements
According to Article 69 of the employment law of Qatar; involved parties can terminate unlimited or indefinite contracts by written notice, in case the probation period was completed successfully. Similarly, the involved parties do not need to mention the reason for the employment termination.
Termination without notice
Article 61 of the law of Qatar states certain conditions that allow organizations to terminate employment without notice such as:
- Submitting false documents.
- Assuming false nationality or identity.
- Committing an act to cause financial loss for the company on purpose.
- Sharing confidential information.
- The worker is found under the influence of drugs or is drunk during working hours.
If the employee is under a fixed-term contract, both the organization and the worker must mutually agree to terminate the contract before the expiration date if there is no reason for such termination; for instance, gross misconduct. In addition, if the company wants to terminate the contract and the worker does not agree; they must pay the employee his wages and other benefits for the remainder of the length of the term.
Working hours in Qatar
According to the employment law of Qatar, the maximum duration of a workweek must not exceed 6 days; and the duration of a normal shift must not exceed 8 hours. In addition, the work hours are reduced to 6 during per day Ramadan. In other words, the employee cannot work more than 5 hours continuously.
The circumstances of the maternity leave for foreign and national workers have certain differences:
- Foreign female employees have the right to receive 50 days of leave if they have worked for the organization for more than 1 year (the employment law of Qatar states that workers can take 15 days before the date of birth and 35 days afterward).
- Similarly, to certify the start of the leave; female workers must provide the company with the proper medical certificates with the expected date of birth.
- In addition, during the 1st year after giving birth, female employees have the right to 1 hour of nursing time per shift.
- However, both parties cannot terminate the employment contract during this period.
Certainly, according to the employment law in Qatar, companies must provide health insurance for employees working for more than 3 months. However, in order to receive sick leave workers must provide the company with medical certificates. Likewise, if the worker obtained sick leave for 2 workweeks, they have the right to receive compensation equivalent to this period.
In other words, if the employee was absent due to illness for 4 weeks, they must receive compensation for half of their salary. Similarly, if the sick leave is longer than 6 weeks and the workers do not resume work/terminate employment/do not resign, they do not receive sick compensation.
In addition, if the workers terminate employment or die in the 6 weeks of sick leave, they receive compensation equivalent to the rest of the days.
Additional Benefits of establishing in Qatar
There are no additional bonuses stated by the employment law of Qatar. Thus, both parties must mention additional benefits in the employment contract, they can be discussed and agreed upon between the company and the worker during the employment process.
Benefits of working with us
- Compliance: in PEO Middle East we will ensure your company meets local regulations and you avoid employee claims and non-compliance risks.
- Receive extra help: by working with us you get access to a team of HR and legal experts that will allow you to improve your business.
- Be more efficient: with our assistance we allow our partners to streamline and improve their management processes.
- Hire highly skilled individuals: access the brightest workers using our recruitment service.
- Save resources: you will receive specialized solutions with our rates that adapt to different budgets.
- Easy entry into Qatar: we want you to expand successfully into Qatar, we assist you to do this helping you in every step of the process.
Why PEO Middle East is the best Qatar Professional Employment Organization service provider in Qatar?
Establishing a branch office or registering a legal entity even to manage a small workforce is one of the most costly and time-consuming decisions you would take. In PEO Middle East we allow Qatar Professional Employment Organization for you to quickly work in Qatar with our services:
- We stay compliant with the labor and employment laws of Qatar.
- Onboard highly skilled workers on behalf of your organization in less than 2 weeks.
- Handle your payroll and HR tasks.
In addition, if you would like to contact us to receive more information or if you have more inquiries, you can call us at +971 433 1 688. Or you can email us if you want via [email protected]
Qatar Professional Employment Organization, Compensation and Benefits
Qatar Professional Employment Organization- An international workforce is an essential tool for your company's growth. Expansion comes with a few hurdles, though. Managing your team in a single office involves several administrative tasks. Those responsibilities become even more challenging when you have employees around the world.