Oman Relocation Services
Oman Relocation Services- Foreign businesses must complete different tasks in order to start working in Oman. That is to say, from getting a residence card and permit to acquiring an employment visa, you must ensure your workers have everything they need. Similarly, when you are relocating to the country; you must establish a legal entity before you are able to hire.
Oman Relocation Services, Compensation and Benefits
Oman Relocation Services- However, in PEO Middle East we take care of the tedious tasks you face when you are expanding to the country such as setting up your payroll, hiring the workforce on your behalf, etc. Likewise, we do this by complying with the labor and employment laws.
Table of contents
- Anti-discrimination laws in Oman
- Oman Compensation Laws
- Additional benefits for workers in Oman
- Types of work visas in the country
- Benefits of choosing our relocation services in Oman
- Why PEO Middle East is the best relocation service provider in Oman?
Anti-discrimination laws in Oman
Certainly, Oman does not have many strict laws in the staffing, recruiting, and onboarding process. On the other hand, when you are in the onboarding process you must keep in mind a few specific requirements.
In the same vein, the employment laws of the country protect its workers against discrimination based on the following characteristics.
- Social class.
- Religious beliefs.
However, these types of topics will come up to the conversation when you are interviewing candidates during the onboarding process; but you are forbidden to contemplate them while making hiring de
On the other hand, the labor laws of the country require private businesses with at least 50 workers to give at least 2% of their available jobs to individuals with disabilities. Further, the government does not enforce this regulation frequently, but your business must comply to avoid potential legal trouble.
Oman Compensation Laws
The minimum wage in the country for private-sector workers is RO 320, whereas RO 220 is the minimum basic wage, and RO 100 is the minimum allowance permitted. Similarly, all businesses are responsible for paying their workers through direct deposit in a 7-days period when wages are due.
In addition, businesses cannot pressure or force their employees to work additional hours, but if they agree to work overtime hours, they must receive time off or 1 and a quarter or 1 and a half times their regular income based on when they work the additional hours.
Similarly, you may want to check the compensation laws to ensure you are paying your workers the right amount for additional overtime hours. However, in PEO Middle East, we take care of the payment of your relocated workers so you are able to focus on core business activities.
Additional benefits for workers in Oman
- Eids and Ramadan allowances.
- Education allowance.
- Travel allowance.
- Mobile phone.
- Medical benefits.
- Housing allowance.
Types of work visas in the country
The government offers various visas for businesses relocating to the country. Let’s observe:
- Visit visa: this is one of the most common visa options for foreign nationals arriving in Oman. In the same vein, all individuals must acquire a valid visa in order to come into the country excepting nationals from a Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) country. Similarly, these visas also have their own types such as family visit visas, business, or tourists.
Likewise, they are valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
- Scientific research visa: this type of visas is for foreign individuals entering the country for specific scientific research. Thus, local authorities or institutions must request them on behalf of the individual.
- Employment visa: companies must acquire employment visas on behalf of foreign nationals aged 21 or older. Similarly, both parties must meet certain requirements to apply. However, this type of visa is valid for 2 years from the date of entry.
- Investors’ visa: this type of visa is for foreign individuals wishing to invest in the country and it requires approval from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Family joining visa: relatives and family of the worker under the age of 21 are eligible for this type of visa. However, in the case of spouses, the individuals require approval from the Ministry of Interior to confirm the marriage status. On the other hand, this type of visa expires when the worker’s residence permit expires.
Benefits of choosing our relocation services in Oman
- Corporate relocation: working with us you acquire broad services for the relocation of your business so you can expand easily into the country.
- Immigration services: receive valuable guidance and assistance to acquire the necessary work permits, visas, and other important documents for your workers.
- Cultural training: in PEO Middle East we teach you and your workers the local business practices and customs for the success of your business.
- Destination solutions: we help your workers to ease the transition to this new culture by assisting them to settle.
- Family relocation: if your employee wants to travel with their family, we can assist them to acquire the necessary visas and important documents.
- A suite of services: we also provide several services you can customize so you can choose what suits your needs.
Why PEO Middle East is the best relocation service provider in Oman?
At first, the process of settling in a new country, a new market, and a new culture can be overwhelming, especially if you are not familiarized with the business practices and customs. In addition, you must take care of the visas and work permit processes, workspace relocation, and immigration status, etc.
In PEO Middle East we understand that you need an experienced and focused partner to help you in these tedious processes. Thus, we have experience working together with businesses all across the country in their relocation tasks.
Similarly, if you want us to start assisting you in the Oman Relocation Services, or if you have additional inquiries, you can call us at +971 433 1 688. Or you can email us via [email protected]
Oman Relocation Services and Benefits
Oman Relocation Services- An international workforce is an essential tool for your company's growth. Expansion comes with a few hurdles, though. Managing your team in a single office involves several administrative tasks. Those responsibilities become even more challenging when you have employees around the world.