If you work or want to work in the country, you should know the Ministry of Labor (MOL UAE), the body in charge of this aspect. This ministry regulates labor relations and protects both companies and employees in the country. In this way, it achieves a balance and allows healthy relationships between the participants, creating a stronger economy.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about this important ministry, including its brands and initiatives. Likewise, you will know what the process is like to file a complaint and how this entity resolves it. Let us see:
- What is the MOL UAE?
- Responsibilities of the Ministry of Labour UAE
- Private brands of UAE MOL
- Initiatives of the MOL UAE
- Steps to file a complaint with the Ministry of Labour
- Contact MOL UAE
- We can assist you in matters related to the MOL UAE
1. What is the MOL UAE?
The Ministry of Labour (MOL), also known as the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MOHRE) governs everything related to work. In addition, it intervenes in cases in which there is some type of non-compliance by employees or contractors. Additionally, the MOL proposes and implements labor standards and laws in the UAE.
In the same way, it plays the role of the court of first instance in solving problems between employees and employers. In this case, it promotes a workable solution for the parties through discussion and compromise. This is one of the important points that all foreign workers living in the country should know.
2. Responsibilities of the Ministry of Labour UAE
The MOL UAE, in addition to the above, has other broader responsibilities that include workers and companies. Therefore, you must know each of these elements that we list below:
- Ensuring the application and compliance of labor laws in the UAE by employees and employers.
- Manage the labor market.
- Establish and propose policies that promote the labor market.
- Manage labor relations between participants.
- Create jobs and increase productivity in the country.
In addition, the Emiratization division of the Ministry of Labour UAE is responsible for the following aspects:
- Define and implement the Emiratization policy in companies.
- Impose sanctions on private sector companies that do not comply with Emiratization rules.
- Emirati professionals in the labor market.
- Emirati citizens seeking employment.
- Carry out the work of supervision of the working class.
- Study administratively and in the field of the local labor market.
3. Private brands of UAE MOL
The UAE Ministry of Labour has created some brands to facilitate information and processes for workers and employers. In this way, both can carry out paperwork and procedures online to save time on them. Next, we will show you each of these brands in case you need any information:
3.1 Tasheel Service
This brand is an online system that simplifies payment processes for both workers and companies. In this way, employers can request labor cards, work permits, cancellation of contracts, and more. You can contact the service at the labour office Dubai contact number or at offices in Business Bay, Muraqqabat, and Deira.
3.2 Twafouq Service
Another service that mediates between workers and employers is the Twafouq. In this way, you can solve any inconvenience based on a Ministry of Labour enquiry and a pertinent investigation. Also, you can find these centers all over the Emirati territory to solve these problems in a few days.
3.3 Tawseel Service
Tawseel consists of a wide variety of mobile services to serve those who cannot attend established centers. The fleet of vehicles of Tawseel contains the best technology and a representative for the paperwork you need. In this case, you can obtain business licenses, provide employment opportunities, and more.
3.4 Taqyeem Service
These services make it possible to increase the stability of the workers of local companies. For example, you will be able to obtain timely information on employment contracts, and business licenses, or allow workers to register in the system. The Taqyeem service of the MOL UAE facilitates many processes for more than 30,000 workers in the nation.
3.5 Tawjeeh Service
Like the other services of the Ministry of Labour Dubai and in the other emirates, it protects the rights of employees and employers. In this case, it offers relevant data on labor laws and the requirements to stay in compliance. It does this through information sessions, training, brochure distribution, and more.
In the same way, these services allow processing work permits, as well as employment contracts.
3.6 Tadbeer Services
This service makes it possible to employ domestic workers in the country transparently and fluidly in a centralized system. In addition to ensuring the rights of domestic workers, it also ensures the safety of the homes that hire them. In this way, it allows you to manage sponsorships, manage health insurance, as well as the resolution of conflicts that may arise.
4. Initiatives of the MOL UAE
Apart from the MOHRE brands that we have mentioned, this ministry has implemented other initiatives to benefit the labor market. Therefore, you can carry out your MOL enquiries or various procedures with the facilities offered by the ministry. These initiatives are the ones that we will detail below:
4.1 MOHRE Tawteen Program
The Tawteen is the Emiratization program established by the MOL for the incorporation of Emirati citizens in the private sector. In this way, citizens between the ages of 18 and 60 can seek assistance at the UAE labour contact number. Thus, if you are looking for a job in the said sector, you can follow the steps below:
- Log in to the MOL website (gov.ae).
- Select the category of job seekers.
- Then click on “Register a new user.”
- Fill in the data requested by the system.
- Click “Save.”
You will then receive a text message or an email with your username and password to confirm your registration.
On the other hand, employers can join the Tawteen Partners Club so they can find the right candidates. In this way, organizations can get work permits more easily. In addition, three categories of membership grant different benefits:
- Platinum class.
- Golden class.
- Silver class.
Hence, these Ministry of Labor Dubai services cover much more than just employment relationships. Additionally, UAE students can get career advice and school guidance with the Tawteen 360 forum.
4.2 MOL UAE eNetwasal Service
The MOL or MOHRE makes an online service available to employers and employees through the eNetwasal portal. In this way, you can easily check the salary certificate, the work permit, the status of the employment card, and more. However, to take advantage of eNetwasal services, you must be registered with the ministry.
4.3 MOHRE application
Apart from the labour office number for your inquiries and procedures, it has a direct means, the MOHRE application. Thus, you can find all the services and carry out your procedures from anywhere without complications. These services can be used by all labor market participants, employees, workers, domestic workers, and sponsors.
5. Steps to file a complaint with the Ministry of Labour
To solve the problems, you can call the Ministry of Labour contact number in Dubai. However, sometimes you will need to file a complaint with the Dubai Labor Tribunal to resolve the problem. In this sense, if the employer or employee cannot resolve the altercation amicably, they will have to contact the Labor Court.
In this way, they will be able to obtain advice or information on the process to follow in this case. However, if they decide to take the matter to court, they must follow the next steps:
- Do not make drastic decisions that may cause you more adverse circumstances in your employment. For example, leaving your job without warning or leaving the company.
- Call the labour court Dubai toll free number or helpline to discuss your current situation.
- Contact a trusted attorney for legal advice.
- File the complaint with the Tasheel office.
- Tasheel will present the case against the employer.
When you have completed the above steps, MOHRE will contact the employer to try to bring both parties closer together. This is to solve the problem through dialogue. However, if this does not work out, MOHRE will act as an arbitrator to reach an agreement. Also, if you would like more information on this or any other topic, call the Dubai labour court toll free number.
5.1 Troubleshooting with MOHRE mediation
Problems with an employer can happen while working in the UAE. In this sense, if the problem is serious, such as abuse, threats, aggression, or something similar, call the MOL contact number or go to the police. Here are some problems you may have with your employer and ways to resolve them:
- Retention of visa or passport. It is illegal for the employer to withhold your visa or passport after giving notice. In this case, go to the courts of the country, who will force your employer to give you your documents, after holding a meeting. However, talk to your employer first and request your documents, if the employer does not do so, proceed to the complaint.
- Unpaid salary. You can file a complaint against the employer when the employer does not pay your leave or basic monthly salary. However, if the case is that the company has gone bankrupt, you may not receive payment.
- Salary lower than the minimum wage. If the employer offers you a payment less than the legal minimum wage, you can discuss it and you do not have to sign the contract.
- Unjustified dismissal. The issue of dismissal is difficult to solve, even if it is a dismissal without justification. In this case, you will receive your salary without any other benefits. That is why you should know the terms of the termination of the contract, especially during the trial period.
This will help you clarify whether or not the course of termination of the employer is legal.
6. Contact MOL UAE
Both the employee and the employer must have the labour contact number UAE for any eventuality related to employment. Next, you will be able to see the number of the work office and other contact information:
- Email: [email protected].
- Contact number: +971 680 27666.
- Ministry of labour helpline number: 80060.
- Social networks: @MOHREUAE.
- Website: www.mohre.gov.ae.
However, if you prefer to go in person to present your particular case or topic, the addresses you can go to are:
- Sultan bin Zayed the First Street (Abu Dhabi) from 07:30 a.m. to 02:30 p.m.
- 62 Doha Road (Dubai) from 07:30 a.m. – 02:30 p.m.
7. We can assist you in matters related to the MOL UAE
In the United Arab Emirates, the entity in charge of regulating matters related to the labor market is the Ministry of Labor (MOL). However, you can now find it as the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization or MOHRE, although it offers the same services and more. In addition, it is possible to contact this ministry at the labour court number in case of disputes.
To get more information about UAE MOL and other relevant services, you just have to ask for our help. To contact us, all you have to do is call +971 43 316 688 or send us your questions to [email protected].
On the other hand, to join or continue in the UAE world of work, go to thetalentpoint.com. In addition, by registering and sending your resume to [email protected], you will be able to aspire to these attractive job offers.