The new employment visa rules in UAE 2022 have been welcomed by professionals and individuals that want to live and work in the Emirates. The UAE is a place known for being a commercial hub in the Middle East, and thus many companies want to set up their operations there. For this reason, many experienced workers and recent graduates are looking for a job opportunity here. In this regard, the UAE Authority has established a scheme for regulating immigration, and it is constantly making changes regarding the requirements and processes to follow.
In this article, we are going to explain everything about the new employment visa rules in UAE 2022. Moreover, you will gain more understanding of the new visit visa rules in UAE and changes to current schemes such as the Golden Visa and Green Visa. Therefore, if you are interested in entering the UAE for a job, you need to know everything about the new employment visa rules in UAE 2022. Similarly, if you are an employer, you need to be aware of the legislation surrounding the employment of foreign workers, so you can comply with the law. Let us observe:
- What are the new employment visa rules in UAE 2022?
- What are the new UAE Golden Visa rules in 2022?
- Which improvements were made to the UAE Green visa rules in 2022?
- What are the new UAE entry visa rules in 2022?
- What are the changes to UAE visas in 2022?
- How can PEO Middle East help you with an employment visa?
1. What are the new employment visa rules in UAE 2022?
When it comes to the new visa rules in UAE 2022, it is important to be aware of the changes made to the employment visa.
Although the new modifications are not exactly for the employment visa, there are new regulations that affect this document.
Here is the new reform regarding employment in the UAE:
- MoHRE removed the limit on the duration of job contracts in the UAE. Although the contract must cover a defined term, there is no longer a limit on the period. Moreover, the employer can renew the contract and it will remain valid.
In the UAE, the employment visa has the same validity as the employment contract, but now, the contract can have a longer duration than the visa status. This is part of the new employment visa rules in UAE 2022.
Therefore, employers that have employees with visas that have a validity of two or three years must be aware to carry out the visa renewal on time.
It is worth noting that the new employment visa rules in UAE 2022 also include modifications to other types of visas. Furthermore, the UAE Authority also announced the creation of new types of visas.
2. What are the new UAE Golden Visa rules in 2022?
Concerning the Golden Visa, the UAE expanded its categories and added crucial amendments to this scheme. This is intended to simplify the eligibility criteria and attract more professionals that can benefit from the expansion of the categories.
The Golden Visa grants the holder a 10-year residency in the UAE. Investors, exceptional talents, scientists, entrepreneurs, skilled workers, and outstanding students and graduates can apply for this visa.
Here we have the new rules regarding this scheme:
- Golden Visa holders can sponsor their spouses and children. Furthermore, they can sponsor domestic labourers without any limit.
- There is no longer a restriction regarding the maximum duration the holder can stay outside the UAE. Thus, being outside the UAE does not affect the validity of the Golden Visa.
- If the Golden Visa holder dies, the family members are allowed to stay in the UAE until the end of their permit.
Moreover, the changes regarding the categories are as follow:
2.1 Golden visa for entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs can obtain a golden visa as long as they fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Have a company registered in the UAE under the SME (small business or medium-sized enterprise) category
- Have an annual revenue of AED 1 million or above
2.2 Golden visa for scientists
Scientists and researchers that want to get the Golden Visa must comply with the following criteria:
- A Ph.D. or Master’s degree from one of the world’s best universities in the following areas: engineering, life sciences, technology, or natural sciences.
- Get a recommendation from the Emirates Scientists Council
2.3 Golden visa for exceptional talent
Individuals that can prove to have remarkable skills in digital technology, arts, sports, sciences, medicine, innovation, or law can apply for the Golden Visa. However, they need to submit a letter of recommendation from the relevant government body.
2.4 Golden Visa for skilled workers
A worker can apply for the Golden Visa if he or she complies with the following:
- A valid employment contract in the UAE
- A bachelor’s degree
- The job must be under occupational level 1 or 2 as per the MoHRE
- Have a salary of no less than AED 30,000
2.5 Golden Visa for real estate investors
Individuals that have invested in property in the UAE can apply for the Golden Visa according to the following criteria:
- Property worth no less than AED 2 million
- Off-plan and mortgaged real estate is allowed if the combined total investment is AED 2 million or more.
2.6 Golden visa for doctors and nurses
Healthcare professionals like doctors and nurses can apply for the Golden Visa according to the following:
- Doctors licensed by the UAE health regulatory bodies
- Nurses and medical staff that was part of the first line of defense in the UAE’s COVID-19 fight can apply for the Golden Visa
2.7 Golden Visa for humanitarian pioneers
Individuals that comply with any of the following can apply for the Golden Visa:
- An outstanding member of international and regional organizations or associations of public benefit
- Have received a recognition award in humanitarian fields
- Have distinguished participation as a volunteer or sponsor of humanitarian efforts
3. Which improvements were made to the UAE Green visa rules in 2022?
The modifications to the Green Visa are also part of the new visa rules in UAE. This visa scheme grants the holder a 5-year residency in the UAE, and it is also highly sought-after by individuals that want to live in the Emirates.
However, the UAE has introduced major improvements to this visa, since it aims to attract top talent to the country.
Some of the changes are the following:
- Simplifications to the requirements to facilitate the process
- Longer and more flexible grace periods for Green Visa holders, such as a 6-month stay after visa cancellation or expiration
Additionally, it also includes new benefits for family members. The Green Visa holder can sponsor their first-degree relatives for five years too.
Thus, the grace period extension also applies to family visas. However, the sponsor has to be aware to renew it or amend the status on time.
4. What are the new UAE entry visa rules in 2022?
In relation to entry to the country, 10 new UAE visas allowed foreigners to visit the Emirates.
The most significant change is that now applicants do not need a sponsor or host. Thus, they can visit the UAE for different purposes easily.
This is part of the visit visa Dubai news since many individuals from several nationalities can enter the UAE without going through a tedious process.
Some of the Dubai visit visa new rules today are the following:
- Flexible visa durations
- Easier entry requirements for all types of visas
Additionally, the UAE announced as part of the Dubai visit visa new rules 2022 that these can be single or multiple-entry.
5. What are the changes to UAE visas in 2022?
The UAE has made some significant changes to several visa schemes and even created new types. Therefore, these Dubai new visa rules are a big deal for individuals that want to visit the UAE, look for a job, and even reside for the long term.
Furthermore, the UAE made some changes to existing schemes. Thus, here we have the UAE visa new rules:
5.1 Multiple-entry tourist visa
People from around the world want to travel to the UAE, whether for tourism, or any other reason. Therefore, the tourist visa, also known as a visit visa, is one of the most popular among applicants.
The Authority is constantly changing the rules for visit visa in UAE, thus it is important to stay up-to-date if you want to get this document.
The most significant improvement to the visit visa rules in UAE is that now there are more than 10 different types of visas that suit the applicant’s purpose of visit. Also, according to the new rules for visit visa in UAE, individuals do not need a sponsor to apply.
Furthermore, the major Dubai visit visa new rules 2022 is that a person can now get a five-year multi-entry tourist visa. The person can now stay in the UAE for 90 continuous days and request an extension for 90 more days. However, to apply is necessary to have at least AED 14,700 in the bank account.
Lastly, the UAE visit visa extension new rules 2022 are big news for applicants since the single-entry visit visa is now valid for 60 days. Previously, visit visas were only valid for 30 days.
5.2 Business visa
The business visa is part of the new visa rules in Dubai. Investors can apply for this visa without needing a sponsor if they start a business.
5.3 Temporary work visa
Individuals that have a temporary work assignment in the UAE can apply for a temporary work visa. It is required to submit a temporary employment contract or letter from the employer, as well as to pass the medical fitness examination.
5.4 Job visa
The job seeker visa is one of the best visa news for individuals looking for employment in the UAE. They can apply for this new visa as long as they belong to the first, second, or third skill level as per the MoHRE.
Additionally, they must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, and be a recent graduate from any of the top 500 universities of the world.
5.5 Family visa
According to the UAE family visa rules 2022, individuals can sponsor their relatives (spouse and children) regardless of their age.
Parents can now sponsor their sons up to the age of 25, and their single daughters with no age limit.
5.6 Student or training visa
Individuals that want to study in the UAE by enrolling in academic courses, training programs, or internships can apply for this visa. The educational or research institute would be the sponsor of the applicant.
6. How can PEO Middle East help you with an employment visa?
Being up-to-date with the Dubai visit visa news today 2022 and any changes made to visas is extenuating. For this reason, you need to count on a partner that can keep you updated with modifications in existing immigration regulations.
In this regard, here at PEO Middle East, we have a team well-versed with the UAE visit visa rules, the new UAE residence visa scheme, and much more. You can count on us to help you process everything you need for your employees and with immigration-related issues.
Furthermore, we offer our wide range of services to businesses that want to thrive in the Middle East. Learn more about our history and how we can support you:
- Employer of Record Services
- Professional Employment Organization Services
- Relocation Services
- Contractor Hire
- Remote Worker Hire
- Global immigration
- Payroll outsourcing
- HR Management
Do you want to get assistance with new employment visa rules in UAE 2022? Contact us to receive a tailored solution. Call us at +971 43 316 688 or send us your questions about any new visa rule in UAE at [email protected].
On the other hand, if you want to get a job so you can have a residence visa UAE, you need to visit thetalentpoint.com. The Talent Point is the best platform where you can register and apply for jobs easily so you can boost your professional career. Send an email to [email protected] with your CV and get help from the team.